Monday, June 22, 2015
In the end I figure I each mucho pescado, plus as a kid I had more than one unfortunate aquatic pet. I'll take a few painful stings and know that it's karma. My husband says we have to get good enough at surfing to paddle to the outside breaks and stay out there. Otherwise like Maroon 5 says, this summer's going to hurt like a mutha.
Tuesday, June 16, 2015
Things I liked about Jurassic World: (SPOILERS)
- Jake Johnson (from New Girl) working the main control room
- Bryce Dallas Howard running in pumps. We all know women who can haul ass in heels. I don't find it too far-fetched
- The pterodactyls soaring in the air and swooping down to grab people
- The park goers losing their minds over the incoming pterodactyls
- When the geo-modified evil dinosaur (GMED) stepped on people
- The two child characters. They were horribly written. The younger brother seriously needed to be stepped on. Writers should have made the characters kids of a rich investor or something like that.
- The scene where Chris Pratt comforted a dying brontosaurus. The scene was over the top.
- In Jurassic Park, the T-Rex was the ultimate bad guy. The entire movie involved people running for their lives. Yet in Jurassic World, Bryce Dallas Howard lets out a T-Rex to fight the GMED. Then people smiled and congratulated themselves after the fight even though THE T-REX WAS UNCONSTRAINED AND FREE ROAMING. What's changed people?
- Preachy messages like, "when you have kids" and "they're worth it, I promise." Judy Greer's character (the one pressuring Bryce Dallas Howard to have kids) cried through the whole movie. Yeah, lady. You have kids and you look really happy.
Friday, June 12, 2015
If a Japanese surfer was wearing this suit at Pipeline while shouting "Banzai!" we might be on to something
My girlfriend who lived in Japan for over a decade says that Japanese avidly surf, but their beaches are really dirty. That is certainly not how I envisioned them.
Check out Quiksilver Japan's True Wetsuit website to see the collection.