Today is the last day of our meteorological winter! Temperatures supposedly start rising from here on out. Minnesota Public Radio's meteorologist Mark Seely proclaimed, today, that the upcoming month of March will include our first day over 50 degrees. 50 DEGREES?!?! Break out the tank tops and huraches! Being a native Minnesotan, I love the hearty folks of this frozen state. Having been away in Southern California for years, I am becoming reacquainted with Minnesota-isms, especially those coping with cold temperatures. Let's say it's 25 degrees below zero. Your car won't start, and you can't feel your fingers or toes. Here is how Minnesotans rationalize the situation:
- "Well, at least it's not snowing."
- "Well, at least it's not icy."
- "Well, at least it's not windy."
- "Well, at least the sun is shining."
- "Well, at least I can afford a house here and the people aren't dumb as dirt." (Oh wait, I think I'm the only one that says this.)