Sunday, December 1, 2013
forensic scientists believe features dark-haired Dan Dedrick and William H. Bonney together. The two lads are shown in white shirts and combed hair. Could this really be Billy the Kid? One thing I immediately notice are the eyes of the possible Billy. Many people who knew him commented on his remarkable blue eyes. In the new photo, his eyes indeed appear unique and brilliant. Unfortunately, we may never know if it is truly Billy the Kid. For now, the Old West legend lives on in one grainy image and on the open trails within people's minds.
Photos via Silber Studios, Albuquerque Journal
Friday, November 29, 2013
Purple wooden bracelet painted by artisans in Oaxaca, Mexico: I bought this from the Museum of Latin American Art in Long Beach. They have wonderful jewelry in their gift shop.
Gold "hi" earrings. I don't usually wear gold, but these playful earrings spoke to me. I discovered them at The Movement in Old Town Orange where my husband was buying tank tops.
"Yoo Lee" necklace. I sent away for a personalized necklace (of my Korean middle name) from Etsy shop SpeciallyForU. Artist Bea shipped the necklace in a pretty drawstring bag which I'm using as makeshift cell phone case.
Thursday, November 28, 2013
I'm thankful for...
- My able body
- My ability to verbally communicate my wants and needs
- My parents and extended family (my brother, my dozens of cousins, and Great Aunt Doris)
- My man
- People who are thoughtful of and compassionate to animals
- People who volunteer and help those less fortunate
- My friends of all ages
- My job, and the privilege of not having to work multiple jobs
- My kind neighbors and anyone who calls out hello to me
- My car (Damn you are fun, little red car. You are fast and lithe, and you shine like a beacon in every parking lot.)
- Clean drinking water and the ability to drink from the tap!
- Asian American Youtubers
- Jeremy Lin
- Living in a country where people can protest and demonstrate
- Seeing a variety of races when I step outside my door
- Beautiful weather in Southern California
- Mountains and the ocean
- People who do unseen grunt work in life that makes mine more comfortable and carefree
- My two white hairs and the fact I don't have a trillion of them
- My dog, Cooper
Tuesday, November 26, 2013
I finally broke down and purchased a smart phone. I owned one for a milisecond five years ago, but canceled my data contract because I hated paying so much to a stupid corporation. Why pay a million dollars a month for a smart phone when I can call my mom in Minnesota to ask her a museum's hours and location? After having the horrid experience of hitting a dog a few weeks ago, I learned how having a phone with internet access is priceless in emergencies. Now I have a smart phone (aka A PHONE, since almost no one has an old fashioned phone anymore), which means I had to choose a case. I searched all 250 pages on Etsy and chose Radiate by Aeropagita Goods.
-Gustavo Arrellano, reviewing Long Hai Restaurant in OC Weekly
Photo via Long Hai
Monday, November 25, 2013
Pic via From Japan with Love