Friday, March 7, 2008

Dude's not Asian

Today my coworker and I were chatting about how we both watch "Project Runway" at the gym. Coworker said the last episode she saw, Christian the Asian guy won his competition and moved on to Fashion Week. WAIT A MINUTE. I told her nicely and casually that Christian is not Asian. Here's where it got funny: My coworker, who puts the "A" in Anglo and resembles the blonde below, looked at me incredulously and said, "What makes you say he's not Asian?" Wow. "The same way I look at you and can tell you're not Asian," I answered.

I proceeded to Google Christian so my coworker could take a second look at him. Upon seeing him again she said she couldn't figure out why she thought Christian was Asian. I think I know why. Christian looks like one of those nerdy Asian characters in 1980's movies. Sigh.