Friday, January 30, 2009

$%#@!* YOU

I work with very nice people. They are generally thoughtful and encouraging colleagues. However I've noticed an oddity in my workplace. When others sneeze my coworkers fall over one another to say "bless you" or "gesundheit." However, when Ajumma sneezes you can practically hear a pin drop. Yesterday my colleague sneezed and I said, "Bless you." She thanked me. A moment later I sneezed and there was dead silence. She and I were the only ones in the room! Perhaps others think I'm an ass. Or maybe they suspect I'm Buddhist and would be offended by the blessing. Whatever the reason, I've decided I am going to stop acknowledging sneezes as well. Afterall, we don't bless people when they fart.

Update: Someone at work sneezed and I said, "bless you," this morning. I guess I failed.

Happy giraffe by amigurumisweet