Monday, August 3, 2015

I'd live here: Newport Beach

If I had won the $110 million Powerball last week, I'd likely be at the realtor's office making an offer on this 2100 square foot casual home on Newport Peninsula.  The home, built from studs up in 2007 (though the listing says 1946), features 3 bedrooms and 3.5 bathrooms (2 full and 1 partial).  It's got two parking spots, forced heating, a Viking range, subzero fridge, and a fireplace.  I'm assuming it has an indoor washer and dryer.  I'm big on those. When I viewed the listing this morning I'm fairly certain it had no flag or outdoor hot tub but it does now!  The patio boats an outdoor shower, perfect for when you return home from the beach with your salty gear.

I'm a little hesitant to plunk down the asking price of $2,495,000 for a property that has no ocean view or seaside access, though this house is walking distance to Jetty View Park and The Wedge.  You'd be near the water on a quiet street without having droves of tourists passing by your front windows.  

If I lived here I'd paint the front door (on both sides) a bold red, green, or blue.  I love colorful dutch doors. 

I'd consider making the fireplace gas.  Is that lame?


For over $2 million, the kitchen seems small, but I'm not a chef and don't need a cavernous space.  If there's room, I'd install an island.


I'd turn this desk space into a closet.



 I wish they showed the other bathrooms, too.

I'd use the master suite as a family room with a huge plus couch and TV, and would sleep in one of the other bedrooms.  The raised ceilings are wasted on closed eyes.  How much time do people really spend in their master suites, anyway?  Why do they have to be so big?


The narrow back patio could use a professional's help.  (We have a hot tub at our apartment complex.  My husband talked about using it for months, but when we finally did he couldn't sit in it for more than a minute.  He looked like a boiling potato.  He's the kind of guy who gets crazy when the shower is too hot, so I don't know what he was thinking.) Out back I'd lay artificial grass and put out a variety of potted trees and succulents.  Our surfboards and wetsuit drying rack would go where the hot tub is located.  I'd drape strings of outdoor bulbs so it's pretty at night and would set up a hammock for relaxing in privacy.  Summer is almost over.  I want to spend my last days of freedom and bliss in this house!

In the end with my Powerball winnings in hand, I'd offer $1 million for this property at 2112 Seville Ave, Newport Beach, CA 92661.  Check out the listing for yourselfhttps://www.redfin.com/CA/Newport-Beach/2112-Seville-Ave-92661/home/3241555.

Previously: 
Forward my mail to Newport Beach
Newport Beach cottage gets a makeover 
I'd totally live here: Naples