Thursday, November 8, 2007

Venus Williams: The Long and Short of It


Studies show that women wear their hair long so they can "hide" behind it. Does that mean the shorter the hair, the more confident the woman? Perhaps. I personally think females traditionally have worn long hair because their cavemen mates prefer it. It's easier to drag the ladies around that way.

Venus Williams is not afraid to wear her hair short! Above is Ms. Williams promoting her new sport line of clothing, EleVen. (It doesn't include fur, so Ms. Williams escapes Ajumma's Black and Blue List. ) Below is a photo of her at another recent promotion, sporting sleek ironed hair. If I were a sweaty, busy professional tennis player, the last thing I'd want to mess with is ironing out my extensions. Give me short healthy hair any day.