Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Wanted: Someone who speaks Korean

If you speak fluent Korean and are willing to (anonymously) call my favorite restaurant to find out whether the new ajumma they've hired are on temporary visas and are going home soon, I'd really appreciate it. My husband is sick of his 오징어 볶음 being all messed up. This situation has me thinking about my lack of skills in Korean and how few negative things I am able to say other than, "This is not spicy squid," and "Would you please be quiet?" These two expressions would get me banned from the restaurant.

Hugh Jackman visited Seoul this week and made a public appearance with Daniel Henney. Daniel is taller than Hugh, which is surprising. But can the handsome American kick as high as the Australian powerhouse who puts even the Rockettes to shame? I think not.

Lastly, Ajumma watched First Sunday this week and it made me cry. More specifically, Tracy Morgan made me cry. I think the world is ending.