Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Guys who should have been in Vanity Fair's World Cup issue

Taking care of important business, my coworkers and I analyzed the World Cup issue of Vanity Fair on Friday. We determined that editors chose the wrong players for photoshoot. Though we really enjoyed seeing Cristiano Ronaldo and Didier Drogba on the cover, I feel some players were missing from the beefcake spread:
Winston Reid, New Zealand defender: No explanation needed here. Just look at that face! Winston's part Maori, but grew up in Denmark, and is playing for his birthland for this World Cup.

Diego Lugano, Uruguay defender: I am a sucker for blondes...and apparently men named Diego! Lugano's my first choice, but if he were busy I'd substitute in his teammate Diego Forlan.

Roque Santa Cruz, Paraguay striker: He's the complete package--talented, agile and purty. I also like his teammate, Dario Veron.

Eiji Kawashima, goalkeeper for Japan: My yakuza boyfriend. He looks like he could really kick some ass. The Japanese flag underwear might look awkward, though.