Friday, August 12, 2011

What's the deal with Jason Momoa?


I've been hearing the name Jason Momoa for a while.  I assumed he was a Pacific Islander college football player turned pro wrestler, turned hair model, turned actor.  I know he's taking over the role of Conan the Barbarian in an upcoming movie release.


Mention of Momoa passed without thought until I read his sage advice on how a man can release his inner barbarian.  He says, "I'd tell him to go on a trip solo. Get on a motorcycle, ride to the desert, drink beers, howl at the moon, and come back and ravage his woman and hold her like she should be held."  

I'm not even sure where to go with that.  (You can read more of Momoa's philosophies at I Need My Fix.)


According to the blogisphere, Momoa is 32 years-old. His father is Native Hawaiian and his mother is white with some Native American lineage.  Momoa was born on the island of Oahu, but raised by his mom in Iowa.  (I hope for his sake the part about Iowa is just a mistake on Wikipedia.)  Jason is 6'3".  He has fathered two children with his woman, Cosby Show actress and former wife of Lenny Kravitz, Lisa Bonet.  Before becoming Conan, Jason starred in Baywatch, Stargate Atlantis, and Game of Thrones. The mention of hair modeling, football and pro wrestling fail to appear on his resume. Momoa is thrusting and slashing his way onto the silver screen as Conan the Big B on August 19, 2011.