Sunday, March 18, 2012

My own private Japanese garden retreat

If you've got $5.7 million extra bucks to your name, I suggest you give to multiple deserving charities. If you've already done that then might I recommend purchasing this fabulous Japanese landscaped garden in Bel Air, California? The property, known as UCLA's Hannah Carter Japanese Garden, is 1.09 acres and includes gentle hillsides, stone steps, a koi pond and Japanese-inspired structures.  UCLA is selling the garden to raise money for endowments and professorships. Redfin's listing states the garden can be a retreat or is perfect for building.  The "building" part is scary since many a person would bulldoze half of this garden to throw up a McMansion.  If I bought the property I'd make sure one of the shacks was water-tight and had electricity and a small bathroom. I'd install a kitchenette and then spend easy, breezy weekends there with my dog and ninja boyfriend listening to music while pretending I was in the Japanese countryside.






Read more about the sale of the UCLA Hannah Carter Japanese Garden here.