Friday, November 29, 2013

New jewelry alert

Large wooden bracelet decoupaged with zodiac animals from an everyday Chinese restaurant placemat: Not all animals could fit on the bracelet, but auspiciously the dragon (my year) and those for my husband, parents, and brother are all on there.  I found this snappy bracelet at a consignment shop in Minnesota.

Purple wooden bracelet painted by artisans in Oaxaca, Mexico: I bought this from the Museum of Latin American Art in Long Beach. They have wonderful jewelry in their gift shop.

Gold "hi" earrings.  I don't usually wear gold, but these playful earrings spoke to me.  I discovered them at The Movement in Old Town Orange where my husband was buying tank tops.

"Yoo Lee" necklace.  I sent away for a personalized necklace (of my Korean middle name) from Etsy shop SpeciallyForU.  Artist Bea shipped the necklace in a pretty drawstring bag which I'm using as makeshift cell phone case.