Saturday, March 22, 2008

Best damn show on TV: Rob and Big

I'll never forget peering at an American paper while living in Korea and seeing the #1 movie in the United States was Dude, Where's My Car. I felt SO GLAD to be residing overseas and nowhere near schlock containing the word "dude." For this reason, I feel a little silly touting my new favorite TV show, Rob and Big.

PLOT: Rob Dyrdek is a professional skateboarder and verbose showboat. Big Black (aka Chris Boykin) is his straight-talking, I'll try anything once-bodyguard. They live together in a L.A. pad and get into some crazy hijinks every episode. It's a reality TV show that Big Black admits is not completely real. Regardless, Rob and Big reminds me of an amusement park ride whose specs are a bit off, resulting is a frantic yet exhilarating ride. I am especially fond of Big Black, who tells it like it is. Getting dressed up to be on their own cereal box (after getting no response from Kashi), Big applies red lipstick and says, "I hope I don't get beat up in the streets for this."

Rob & Big repeats are on MTV all week.